LED Tube Lights
LEDs are small, often unnoticeable lights found in almost all modern appliances, signs and entertainment devices to provide a high powered, bright lighting solution with minimal space or power requirements. These LEDs are made up of three different component groups: the electrical components, the optical components and the thermal and mechanical components.
LED tube lights can offer you bright and efficient light with longer lifespans compared to the fluorescent tube equivalents. You can read more about these lights in our complete guide to LED tube lights.
Benefits of LED Tube Lights
LED Tube Lights require little to no maintenance. Typical incandescent light bulbs have approx. 750-hour endurance, compared to LED tubes with around 30,000 to 50,000 hours and with higher energy efficiency. Replacing incandescent tube lights with LED tubes is easily done and can almost always be achieved using the same light fitting. LED tubes have been designed to offer the same fitments for a straight swap to this more efficient light to provide you with both a better and more efficient solution.
Why change from fluorescent tubes to LED light tubes?
- Mercury-free - Unlike fluorescents, LEDs contain no mercury, making them more environmentally friendly.
- Dimmable - Some LEDs have dimming capabilities, whereas fluorescents are expensive to dim with limited performance.
- Illumination - LEDs offer illumination where you need it. Fluorescent lights have multi-directional light, which means light is not where you need it.
- More Efficient - The new T8 LEDs are around 30% more efficient than T8 linear fluorescent lights (LFL).
- Lifespan - Average life of a T8 LED is 50,000 hours compared to only 30,000 hours for an average T8 linear fluorescent lights (LFL).